ACME Beatles 1967 Limited Edition Rollerball Pen
- TITLE: 1967
- INSPIRATION: The imagery on this pen is inspired by the era of The Beatles’ psychedelic explorations.
- ITEM DESCRIPTION: A limited edition roller ball with the individual edition number etched into the mid-ring.
- LIMITED EDITION: 1,967 pieces
The Beatles released the famous Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band in 1967. This album featured many of their great hits such as "A Day in the Life", "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds", and "With a Little Help From My Friends". The Beatles also released a Double A-Side in February of 1967 with two tracks - Penny Lane and Strawberry Fields Forever.
1967 was also the year that the soundtrack for the Beatles television show was released - Magical Mystery Tour. This album was released six track double EP in the U.K. In its first three weeks, it set a record for the highest initial sales of any capitol LP.
Throughout the course of its timed releases, the collection will introduce nine individually numbered limited-edition pens commemorating each year that the Beatles were together, beginning with 1962. Two pens will be released every six months, with edition numbering that matches the year depicted on the pen, i.e., 1,962 pieces will be available for 1962. In this new collection, ACME will present 1966 and 1967 in runs of 1,966 and 1,967 pieces respectively.
For each of the 13 UK albums released by the Beatles, a pen and card case set packaged within miniature album covers will be introduced in editions of 1000 pieces each. “Revolver,” “Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band,” and “Magical Mystery Tour” will be featured in this installment. The first set introduced included “Please Please Me,” followed by “With the Beatles,” and “A Hard Day’s Night.” Three of the thirteen total sets will be released every six months.
- This is a limited edition with only 1,9667 pens produced in total
- Hand applied lacquer over brass barrel
- Barrel features printed images of The Beatles
- Silver trim and clip
- "The Beatles" written on the cap
- Serial number laser engraved on the mid-ring
- Pen is packaged in a beautiful black wooden presentation box