Executed in the charcoal burnished Togidashi maki-e technique this Collection represents the pen makers art at its finest. These magnificent creations are hand painted in gold, lacquer and vibrant color pigments by the world’s finest craftsmen.
The Nightline pen displays the beauty of multi-colored abalone shells in Raden lacquering style, the Black demonstrates the simple, classic beauty of Urushi lacquering. Designed with an 18 karat gold medium nib.
This collection exceeds the demands of even the most discerning collector and connoisseur, a must-have as it is one of Namiki's most coveted pens and is extremely rare!
- This is one of a kind! This pen is one of the Artist Proofs which was taken as an example for the production of the pens that were eventually created by the masters.
- The cap closure area is in pristine condition, no signs of cross-threading.
- The clip shows slight brush marks, which can be appreciated in the images attached.
- The top of the cap seems to have a thinner layer of urushi, causing it to appear a bit translucent rather than black, like the rest of the pen.
- Though the pen has been filled and tested gently, the nib itself is in great condition, with no signs of scratches or mishandling.
The pen does not come with its original box or documents, as it is the Artist's Proof, and it is extremely rare, but it will include an original Namiki Presentation Box.