The creations in the "Medici" Limited Edition are inspired directly - and with astonishing fidelity - by the exterior decoration of the cathedral Santa Maria Del Fiore. ST Dupont reinterprets the poly-chrome marble work on the facades of the edifice, where the skillful interplay of dark green and veined white lacquer creates a marquetry inlay effect. Inlays of beveled red jasper refer to the color of the tile used for the dome, still found throughout Tuscany. The guilloche cornices (lighters and desk clock) and the personalized clips adorning the pens and the fountain pen are ultra-sophisticated. The engraving fountain owes its extreme refinement to perfectly mastered modern digitally controlled technique. The radiance of the platinum finish is beyond compare.
- Exceptional goldsmith work, with cornices on the lighters and specific central rings on the writing instruments.
- Spectacular use of guilloche and platinum.
- Precise side-by-side application of two colors of Chinese lacquer: dark green and white marble.
- Encrusted red jasper pieces
- Limited quantities available, world-wide. The product numbering refers to the date 1420, when the building of the Duomo began
- Original retail: $19,300